Welcome to WL’s Virtual Post-Secondary Planning Night! This year we moved our whole presentation to a virtual format. Resources that would typically be covered in an in-person presentation can be found on this page. Counseling has created a series of 9 videos for 11th grade students and families to view at your leisure. Each video is also accompanied by a written transcript if you prefer to read. Additional links & resources are also available for some added content.
Please note: if you click on the header of each video, it will take you to a written transcript or talking points of the video.
- Live Q & A for students/families for after you view the videos:
- Tuesday, 2/2; 11:30am-12:30pm (you do not need to join for the whole hour)
- Thursday, 2/4; 7:00pm – 8:00pm (you do not need to join for the whole hour)
- 11th grade students can join Ms. Catino for office hours on Mondays from 10:50 am-11:50 am to answer student questions. Link to join is on the homepage of their counselors’ canvas course.
- 1/28/21; 7:00 pm: Admission panel discussion (link to join will be sent on 1/28).
Colleges are beginning to announce their policy on testing for next year. A few who have extended for the class of 2022:
Williams, Columbia, The University of California School System, Tufts, Northwestern, Brown, Emory, NYU, Univ of VT, Washington University in St. Louis, Ohio State, Wellesley, Oberlin, Claremont McKenna, Emory, Univ. of Pittsburgh
Please note: Students who miss school to do a college visit will go through attendance while we are in a virtual format (no form required). Parents/guardians can reach out to attendance in advance letting them know of the visit. It will be an excused absence. firstname.lastname@example.org
Video 8: NOVA Pathway (please note: this video was made for our current seniors. Dates will not apply to juniors)
Video 9: Advice from our Seniors
*due to the file size, this video is shared in google drive and students must be logged into APS accounts to view, we apologize for any inconvenience