Washington-Liberty High School PTA 2019-20
Working to Make a Great School Even Better!
Next PTA Meeting: September 9, 2019
It’s important to engage with your child’s school and the PTA. It’s Easy. Here are ways you can get involved:
- Join the PTA: Your $20 annual dues, when multiplied by 500 or more families, provide vital funding supporting the PTA’s work. There are two ways to submit dues: online or by returning the form posted on the W-L PTA website under Join the PTA.
- Support our “No Sweat” Fundraiser: Dues cover the PTA’s core operations, but we rely additional donations to fund grants to teachers and student clubs for enrichment activities not covered by the school budget. We call it “No Sweat” because these donations eliminate the need for parents to do bake sales, sell wrapping paper, etc. Please include your 100% tax-deductible donation when you pay your dues.
- Get Connected on Social Media: Washington-Liberty PTA has an active presence on Facebook and Twitter. Friend us/Follow us and join in the conversations.
- Link your Grocery Card: If you shop at Harris Teeter or Giant, please help us by registering and selecting Washington-Liberty as one of your designee school for the matching donation that these stores provide. There is no cost to you and very little effort is involved. Ask your friends, neighbors, and parents of WL Alumni! You don’t have to have kids at the school to participate, and every bit helps! As school begins in the fall, please sign up online at www.harristeeter.com (W-L code 3917 – you can link up to three schools) and www.giantfood.com (W-L code 02195 – you can link up to two schools). You must renew your signup for the Harris Teeter program every year (after Aug 1) and Giant (after Aug 15). Target and Safeway no longer have programs.
- Attend PTA Meetings: We meet monthly to get updates from the W-L staff and to hear presentations on topics like school capacity, social media, and substance abuse. All are welcome and translation services are provided. Standing meetings are held on alternating Mondays of each month in the W-L library, beginning with a meet & greet at 7pm followed by the meeting commencement at 7:30. Planned dates for 2019-20 school year are: Sept 9 (Welcome Back), Oct 7, Nov 18, Jan 13, Feb 10, Mar 9, Apr 20, May 11, June 8th. You do not have to be a member of the PTA to attend meetings but you do need to be a member to vote during the meetings.
- Volunteer to Help: The PTA coordinates activities such as Senior Boat Trip, Staff Appreciation Lunches, and Science Fair that rely on parent volunteers. Look for notices on the PTA website and via email. Please volunteer for at least one event this year.
- Connect with other Parents: Do you need contact information for a W-L parent, student, or teacher? The W-L online directory can be accessed at https://wl.schoolhouse.directory/. The directory is password protected and only PTA families of current students have access. The directory database is updated each October. ***PLEASE NOTE — Due to APS new privacy policies, families must now OPT-IN for their contact information to be shared with the school. Previously you had to opt out. If you would like to be in the directory and to receive PTA emails, please OPT-IN on either the official school forms or ParentVue.*** Returning families, use the user-id and password that you were e-mailed when you joined the PTA (you can click on “need your password?”if you do not remember your password). Families who are new to W-L can receive access to the directory by joining the PTA. You will receive a welcome notice explaining how to set up access (if you do not receive that welcome notice by late-October you can e-mail the contact link posted at the bottom of the directory home page).
Whatever your interests are in supporting Washington-Liberty High School, the PTA needs you. Whether you want to raise funds, chaperone, provide hospitality or dig in the dirt, we know how to put you to work. Please come to a meeting or a PTA event to see how you might best get involved. If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions, send us an email – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Next PTA Meeting: September 9, 2019
WL PTA Executive Board 2019-020
President: April Everett
Vice President, Membership: Steve Carring
Vice President, Fundraising: Mark Nadel
Vice President, Staff Appreciation: Lana Pendergast
Vice President, Outreach: Kelly Vlahos
Secretary: Jessica Deering
Treasurer: Marcy Burka
Hispanic Parents Committee Chair: Janeth Valenzuela
Grants Chair: Sarah Goodell
Preventing Youth Suicide Presentation (click to view)
made at PTA meeting on March 11, 2019
PTA questions, comments, or want to get involved? Contact April Everett, PTA President, at email@example.com
Direct website comments, suggestions and questions to Colleen Coyne at firstname.lastname@example.org