The W-L Activities Department strives to develop the educational, social, and emotional well-being of each student through teaching and modeling performance and moral character traits in order to become a positive, impactful citizen in our community.
To be cleared to participate on an Athletic team at Washington-Liberty High School, the following guidelines need to be met:
- Upload through the Registration and Sign-In Portal for 2022 – 2023 Athletics
- The student – athlete MUST be A) enrolled at W-L or B) APS HS where W-L is their “home school” (within boundaries) or C) an 8th grader who lives within the W-L boundaries. (Eighth graders are allowed to participate in the high school sports that are not offered at their middle school level)
- A NEW Physical is needed for each school year. The exam must have been completed after May 1st of the beginning of that school year. (For example: If it is currently the 2022 – 2023 school year, the physical must take place after May 1st, 2022.) Physicals for the 2022 – 2023 school year will be valid through June 30, 2023.
- Notice of: Fact Sheet on Concussions for Parents/Guardians and Fact Sheet on Concussions for Students
- All student – athletes must have VALID / CURRENT Health Insurance. Information on school insurance can be found at the Activities Office or School Accident Insurance More detailed information is available here.
- The student – athlete needs to have met the VHSL guidelines to be eligible to participate. There are some exceptions to the rules listed below. An appeal can be considered and granted by the VHSL if an athlete presents a valid, compelling case. If you have any questions concerning these guidelines, more information can be found at the VHSL link or by calling the Athletic Department Office.
To be eligible to represent Washington – Liberty HS in any VHSL interscholastic athletic contest, you …
- Must be a regular bona fide student in good standing of the school you represent.
- Must be enrolled in high school. (Eighth-grade students may be eligible for Junior Varsity).
- Must have enrolled no later than the fifteenth (15) day of the current semester.
- Must be currently enrolled in not fewer than five (5) subjects.
- Must have passed at least five (5) subjects at the conclusion of the previous semester.
- Must sit out all VHSL competition for 365 consecutive calendar days following a school transfer unless the transfer corresponded with a family move.
- Must NOT have reached your nineteenth (19) birthday on or before the first day of August of the current school year.
- Must NOT, after entering the ninth (9th) grade for the first time, have been enrolled in or been eligible for enrollment in high school more than eight (8) consecutive semesters.