- American Sign Language (ASL): levels 1, 2, 3, and 4
- Arabic: levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and IB
- Chinese: levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and IB
- French: levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, AP and IB
- German*: levels 1, 2, 3, 4, AP
- Japanese: levels 1, 2, 3, 4.
- Latin: levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, AP and IB
- Spanish: levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, AP and IB
- Spanish for Fluent Speakers (heritage speakers/near native fluency in the language): levels 1, 2, 3, and IB Literature
* Availability of these classes is contingent to enrollment and they run at the career center.
World Languages Teachers
Governor’s World Languages Academies
Sophomores and juniors are invited to apply for the Governor’s Foreign Language Academies for the summer of 2022 in French, Spanish, German, Latin and Japanese. For a number of years, many Arlington students have been honored for their achievement in World Languages study by being selected to participate in these special summer enrichment programs. These residential academies offer a 3 week program of total immersion and partial immersion in the target language, taught by outstanding faculties. The programs include classes in the language and its culture in a full schedule of recreational activities.
If you would like to be considered for nominations fill out the GovernorPreliminary_form and submit it by November 5, 2021 to your World Language Teacher or Department Chair, Mrs. Karaky (Danielle.email@example.com, Room 3207).
Participants for all the academies are selected on a competitive basis.
For more information about the program, location and dates, please visit the website: